Tuesday 31 July 2012

Hippie Market in Ipanema



 The Connection Rio Crew check out the Hippie Market in Ipanema

On the day I came back from my disastrous trip to Sao Paulo, most of the Connection Rio house decided to go on a trip to the Hippie market in Ipanema. I've never actually been there before but I really enjoyed the trip and will definitely be going back again before the end of my stay. The market itself is very touristy but there were still plenty of Brazilians visiting as well. The place was fairly busy but not over packed and alot bigger than it first appeared to be. There was so many cool things on display and many talented artists who had recycled everything imaginably to make some really beautiful items. With miniature models made entirely from shells to beautiful artwork painted on tin can tops. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. There was also stalls selling food and a few talented street performers.

Some art work at the Market


 After bumping into some more connection Rio people from the HQ house at the market 12 of us went to a local restaurant called Frontier which is a popular chain here. You can choose to pay for the food by weight or pay a fixed price for all you can eat. I opted for the former with the Rio Open being so close but Frontier is definitely on my list of places to visit after the competition ;)

One of the Stalls!


More photos can be found on my Instagram:- pippabanana or my twitter:- pippa_banana ;)

Next up.. Rio Open and Masters and Seniors Championship...

No comments:

Post a Comment